Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thor's 2nd Plane Ride

The ride home I booked the last flight out. I thought this one would be the easy one because Thor is usually so happy in the evening. Oh, not so this day. On my way to the gate I was balancing my coat, him, his stroller, his carseat, his diaper bag and an extra carryon. He was so fussy that he just wanted me to hold him. But I couldn't balance and push everything in the stroller and hold him at the same time! So for an hour I entertained him just enough to keep him from crying, but not enough so he was quiet--he was still letting out short, protesting yells. But this time the plane wasn't full so they let me bring his carseat on board and use a seat. Hallelujah!

Don't let the smile fool you--he was punch-drunk happy at this point, acting totally silly. The only way he calmed down enough to sleep was after they turned out the cabin lights and I strapped him into his carseat and ignored his protests. He fell asleep pretty quickly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment