Sunday, January 1, 2012

Grandma Cindy Visits

Gary's mom Cindy came for Thanksgiving. It is rare that we have anyone from either family come for Thanksgiving. Actually, the only time was in 2003 when Mary and Kenneth brought Grandma to see Kenneth's family on Thanksgiving and Grandma and I went shopping on Black Friday together. She shopped me into the ground! We didn't stop until 6pm that night. The rest of you have no reasons not to come to Phoenix on Thanksgiving--it is beautiful weather! But I digress. . .

So Cindy braved the crowds on airplanes. And for some reason, I don't have any pictures of that weekend except these:


It reminds me that I need to expand my photography skills from focusing only on Thor. (But let me point out that we are sitting on our porch outside at 8 in the morning in bright sunlight in these pictures--come on people, really? You are really not going to come visit for Thanksgiving? The only person that has any excuse for not coming to see me is Abby because she doesn't like crowds, and I do live in suburbia, smack in the middle of the highway square--a 3x4 mile rectangle hemmed in on all sides by 4 different highways. But still, Abby, I think you should come at least once!) But I am off track again . . .

We had so much going on that weekend! Besides Cindy, Shane, Jenn, John, and Bronson came over for Thanksgiving dinner and Eddie and Maria Lynn stopped by for dessert. We played games and ate a lot of pie. The next day, Gary and Cindy went shopping with me.  We had a nice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment