Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas tree

I promised Gary I would not buy any more ornaments this year.  I have enough anyway.  Instead, I did 2 things differently.  First, I used 3 inch thick wire ribbon in gold and red that I looped in 8-10 inch loops and secured to the tree with wire ties and looped the ribbon in a scattered pattern all over the tree and let the ends randomly curl everywhere.  It looks really, really, cool.  Second, I "clustered" bulbs. I took all the plain colored bulbs and put 3-4 of them in different sizes on the same hook before putting them on the tree. My tree looks updated.





I taught Thor the "Christmas tree OUCH" game that I started when Sabre was a baby. It's pretty simple. I coo, laugh, smile, and point at the pretty Christmas ornaments and when my hand gets close enough to touch it, I jump and yell "OUCH!" really loud and frown. Then I hold Thor close to the tree while we talk and coo and when he reaches for it, I jump and shout "OUCH!" The game ends when we don't touch the tree anymore. Sounds stupid, but I'm telling you that my kids (and my dogs) don't touch my Christmas tree. Instead, we play at the base of it and stare and smile at it forever. And Sabre turned out fine--no hangups about Christmas trees.

1 comment: