Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank You

I have not been able to upload pictures at home to post with any blogs in the last couple weeks. I hope that the long weekend will give me time to catch up. In the mean time, I am going to take this opportunity to tell some of the people in my life how much I appreciate them.

First, thank you, Mom. I have not always been the easiest child you've had. I'm headstrong and determined and it may seem that I rarely listen to anyone else's advice. But actually, I have caught snippets of what you've told me over the years. Some of it needs to percolate for a while, but eventually I get what you've been saying. You are a great comfort to me as I get older (and wiser). But it's your example that I remember the most. Your attitude reminds me to be patient with myself and with others. I look back on my childhood and realilze more and more just what a great mother you were. You lived what you believed. We had fun. You loved me. And I love you for all the sacrifices you made for me.

Dad, thanks for showing me what a good man is. You love my mother and that truly is one of the greatest gifts I could have. You have worked very hard for your family all of your life. Thank you.

Gary, I don't doubt there was a preexistence because I know beyond anything else that I knew you before this world. I recognized you. Thanks for just going along with my hairbrained schemes until I figured out they were bad ideas. Thanks for never telling me "no" unless there's a real reason. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Because you never talk to anyone about how you feel, your sharing makes me feel special. Thank you the most for being a fabulous father to Sabre and Thor. You really are top notch.

Jenn and John, words can't express how grateful I am for everything you do for my family. Thanks for being there and sharing life's ups and downs with us. Your friendship is rare and beautiful. I could not accomplish all of the things I do now without your help. Especially thank you for being there for Sabre. She loves your family so much.

And Sabre, thank you for making me a mother. Thank you for being you. Since you were born, you have kept my feet grounded in reality when my head was in the clouds. I could not have made it through college without you. Thank you for helping with a smile and making me laugh.

JoAnn, thank you for being my soul sister. I am grateful for your advice and your ability to tell me frankly what I need to hear. I never tire of talking to you and sharing our lives. You are a true friend and a fabulous person!

Chris, thank you. You were there for me when it was hard for anyone else to be there. Thank you for your strength and your insights into my choices. Thank you for being a fabulous granny to Sabre. You made getting through school possible. Without you, I could not have made it here today.

To my siblings as a whole, I love you more than you know. I am the oldest, and I am sorry for you that you will never have the joy of being the oldest child. I watched each of you come home from the hospital, and remember each and every one of you the first time I saw you. I remember trying to teach you to talk. I remember carrying you around with me. I remember changing your diapers. I remember protecting you. I remember your laughs. I watched each of your personalities emerge, and I have to tell you, you may think you have changed, but you have not. (Ok, maybe Bekkie is nicer.) I still see those same personalities, no matter what life has done or what choices you have made. And I love you. Thank you for making me the big sister.

Bekkie, thanks for the memories. And thanks for always knowing how to make my animals better at 2 am!

Allan, thanks for letting me crash at your house a couple times a year. Thanks for sharing Stacy and your life. Thanks for being a great dad. Stacy, thanks for putting up with my moods!

Amber, thanks for texting me to remind me of all the dates I should remember myself. And thanks for showing me how to never give up. Thanks for blogging in such a funny, sarcastic way. You make my day.

Richard, thanks for sharing your talents with me. I have your pottery and your drawings displayed in my office and they cheer me everday. I have rocks that you painted for me as a child displayed at home--you create beauty in my life. And Abby, thanks for blogging! I love admiring your guys' talents and sharing in your life.

Katie, thanks for showing me true love and courage. You patience surpasses mom's.

Chantelle, thanks for the pure joy of life you bring. Thanks for staying up late watching moveis with me!

James, thank you for being a good example for your little nephews and for us all. Thank you for loving Sabre.

Christina, thanks for keeping the faith and trying to keep Sabre safe.

And Mindy, thanks for your blogs. You make me laugh daily at your girls' antics. Thanks for sharing.

There are many, many more people that I should say thank you to, but I'm running out of space! Thank you to the rest of you for being in my life. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment