Sunday, November 6, 2011

MS Walk

One of my good friend's husband has MS. Every year his family participates in the fundraising walk that they do here in the valley. This year, Jenn and I decided that we would join them. The walk starts at 7am. The high yesterday was 65 degrees, so when we met at 6:30, it was freezing for us AZ natives--we were really roughing it! Thor looked so cute all bundled up in his winter clothes (finally!).

Now, seriously--isn't that the cutest smile you've ever seen?!!! By looking at this happy baby, you could never tell that I woke him up 2 hours earlier than normal, bundled him in more clothes than he's ever worn, and drug him out into the frosty morning. He loved the crowd--all those people fascinated him.

The route winds through the Phoenix Zoo and the Desert Botanical Gardens. It was absolutely gorgeous! We watched the sun rise over the whole valley as we walked. Thor fell asleep halfway through the walk.
I received so many comments on what a happy, good-natured baby he was. I'm a proud mama (even if I didn't do anything in the world to make him that way). Jenn says it's because Gary and I are calm around him, but I just think that's his personality.  He must get that from his daddy, because I don't think I was ever so calm and forgiving as Thor is.

No comments:

Post a Comment