Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Drive-in

The last time I was at a drive-in movie was to see The Karate Kid. I'm not sure why I haven't been back. I love everything about the experience: you can bring your own snacks and drinks; you can sit in your own car or pick-up truck bed or lawn chair; you get to see 2 movies in a row; and you can talk and move around during the movie.

While I was in Utah, my mom, Allan, Stacy, Chantelle, Jeremy, Bekkie, and all of our kids went with me to the drive-in. We parked in the front row and Thor and I sat on a lawn chair in front of our truck--all my nephews and nieces laid on a mattress in the back of my pick-up. The sound came through the radio waves. We played games before the movie started while we waited for the sun to go down. And we ate more candy than I have all year!

We watched Cars 2 and The Zookeeper. Cars 2 was Thor's first movie. He stared at the screen, fascinated with the moving light. Every once in a while Thor would let out a few cackling, high-pitched laughs. I couldn't tell if he was laughing because someone else laughed or at some joke only he understood. Whatever made him do it, he was adorable!

Chantelle, Bekkie, Olivia, and Stacy

 Baby Thor staying warm with grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment