Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Car

I should start at the beginning because stories usually make more sense that way. I've wanted a son for many, many years. Not just a baby--babies grow up. And not another girl--girls are hard to figure out. And not with just anyone--it had to be with Gary. You may not think I'm very patient, but when I have an idea in my head of something I want, I can wait as long as it takes until the stars align to make getting what I want perfect. Because I don't want second-best. I'd rather forgo something I wanted to than settle for less than perfect. This time, though, after so many years of trying, I had given up ever getting a son.

So I bought a brand new 2011 Camaro, cherry red, with white racing stripes:


And I LOVE it! It's so much fun to drive. I zip through traffic like a race car driver. (Gary says that the way I drive, I'd be safer in a tank.) And 2 weeks after I bought it, I found out I was pregnant.

I found the smallest infant car seat made (a European-type model) and bought it in black and cherry red to match my car. It fits in the backseat of the Camaro, but barely--no one can ride in the passenger seat if the car seat is buckled in. I always think, "this is so inconvenient!" And then I start driving...*sigh* The Camaro is just made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment